Friday, April 20, 2007

They like me, they really like me

I got an e-mail at work today from a co-worker saying his wife's 30th birthday party is tomorrow and he just realized he left me off the invite list. His wife is great; she is another co-worker and one of the first people I met when I started my job (she was crazy young then).

I replied that I'd try to come and asked if it was near a subway stop. My plan was not to go, but sound like I might. That sounds kind of crummy, but it is a real pain to go places at the last minute.

He replied not really and asked if that was the only way I could come. I told him I might be able to finagle a ride, and he replied: "Let me know if I can help. I wouldn't want you to miss it because of that."

He totally called my bluff. Now I am going to a party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! got you! I wish I could be there to drive
mtc

Matt said...

It was fun. The worst thing was I gave her a comic book for present that I wanted to keep.


Blog Archive