Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's always opposite day here

I had a delicious dessert tonight. I was at my folks, and I had cake, fresh raspberries, sherbet and whip cream. It was good even though my brother-in-law had to pick it up off my lap and put it back in the bowl.

It was not my fault; I just tried to cut a piece of the cake to eat, but it had been in the refrigerator so it didn't cut. It just slid in the bowl and pushed everything out.

Moments like these, which happen far too often, make me want to cry.

Instead, I laugh.

I don't want to make everyone else feel bad, so I laugh at myself, letting them know it is OK to laugh, too. Plus, if I cried at every slip, I would dry out in like two days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one of the toughest people I know. Really, you are.
mtc

Matt said...

You better not be playing opposites and calling me a wimp.
Thanks.


Blog Archive