Monday, July 16, 2007

Rollin'

I played hopscotch tonight.

I took off work today and Tuesday to recharge my batteries because this is the only week in July my boss is here. He has a lot of vacation. To make sure my batteries are as high as possible I decided to stay with my folks.

It actually is kind of a mixed bag because it is not as accessible, but I can sleep later and everyone brings me things and it is warm enough that I can shower outside under the hose.

Staying at mom and dad's is like being at a bed and breakfast where most of the other guests and the host are just insane. Not in a bad way, just in a moderately loopy way. But you know they love you and it's not like you're sane either so you should talk.

Plus, it is hard to get depressed at mom and dad's, especially when there are other visitors. And there usually are: My sister and her family live across the driveway. She and her husband, who went with me to see "Transformers" last night (best movie of the summer!), have two hilarious kids who stop by a lot. Two teen-age nieces are also there and make me laugh, too.

After a day filled with rousing chants of "Uncle Matt" (Do you remember that Starbucks ad a few years ago? It's like that), my nephew Joe was telling people to hopscotch. Of course most of the people he was telling could walk. But the wheelchair didn't faze him a bit so how could I let it bother me?

I just wheeled down the hopscotch board. It was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt
I am jealous of your outdoor shower and your little friends. Enjoy yourself.
mtc

Matt said...

Truth be told, the outdoor shower was a little cold, especially when the sun went behind a cloud. But the little friends are excellent.

Anonymous said...

keep an eye on those girls. they are trouble!
xxoo
JTG


Blog Archive