Tuesday, July 3, 2007

In throes over my toes

For years, I have blamed my mom for an infection in one of my big toes that eventually spread to my whole body, provoking a fever.

Finally, I had to have a toenail cut out and I fainted during the surgery, which was bad because I was just sitting in my chair.

Anyway, the problem wasn't my mom pooh-poohing my infection; it was my stupid FA.

I put so much pressure on my big toes. If I am just sitting in my chair, things are groovy. But if I am transferring, standing up or anything else, my big toes slam into my shoes.

I need to wear shoes to help dull the crazy reflexes in my feet. But even if I risk it and do something without shoes, my toes slam into the socks, the ground, whatever.

And trying to put a Band-aid on my toe is just a comedy of flying feet, ointment spread everywhere and the Band-aid all squished up.

It may be needless to say, but I have a little sore again. I may or may not let my mom see it.

No comments:


Blog Archive