Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wheelie boys

I should have expected trouble when I was able to finish half my graphic novel while waiting for my ride. But "Ex Machina" is pretty awesome so I didn't mind.

I should have gotten a clue when the wheelchair lift broke and wouldn't lower. But the driver lowered it by hand and it worked to raise me to the van.

I definitely should have worried when my fellow passenger, an older wheelchair user, started giving me directions on how to drive my wheelchair.

Actually, that did kind of worry me. It got worse when he spent half the trip complaining to the para-transit service how he was going to be late. He totally had a point, but there is a right way to complain, and then there was him. He said they should fire the woman who took his ride info the day before, he said the driver didn't know where he was going and didn't follow procedure.

Then he hung up, and I got scared. I didn't want him telling me all about his problems. AHe didn't, though, well not too much.

Instead, he asked what was wrong with me, CP? It's OK for him to be nosy, though, because we are both wheelie boys, I guess, although he was taking a risk because we didn't exchange the secret handshake.

He then told me how there are so many things to do, like going to baseball games, and how I should do them.

He wasn't wrong, but what the heck?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a secret handshake. Also, I think The Wheelie Boys is a great idea for a buddy cop show. Also, I think that your daily experiences on the handi-ride service would be ideal for an indie film-maker. Ten minute short films based on the kooky characters you meet, with a special feature on the courvoisier dude.
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

Emily asked when I told him to bug off? Well, more or less. Her words were a little different.


Blog Archive