Sunday, September 9, 2007

Just a Chihuahua-size one

For the record, kids should not be paid authors with six-book deals, especially those who write "I want to do things to change the world. I think kids like us can."

And yes I know I am jealous and cynical and this is not the good kind of bitter, but come on: Throw me a freaking bone.

I am already spending part of my day thinking about suicide. Not me, I am much too cheery for that (hee).

But people on the e-mail list are debating that guy's death. And they say nothing personal, then slam him for killing himself. His friends respond that he was the bravest, smartest, most inspiring person they will ever know. And that it was his choice to his disease.

I want to write in to the list, but I don't know what questions I should be asking myself about this. It is just icky.

Plus, my fantasy football team is losing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read the poem "The Book of my Enemy Has Been Remaindered"? Look it up.
xxoo
JTG

Anonymous said...

a great poem. i endorse most of this poet's works. as far as the suicide thing, i think suicide causes a really wide and often unexpected set of responses. some people will fall on the side you don't expect (don't read too much into this about me) It's just that I hate to know that you are agonizing over things that you can't change people's minds about. I love you.
mtc


Blog Archive