Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Love Story may be sad, but how about these tear-jerkers?

I saw two movies this weekend that almost made me cry.

On Friday, I joined my sister and her family for a movie night with Uncle Matt. We watched "Cars." At least the kids did. I watched "Cars" until the kids heard music in the movie. Then I basically watched them flail widely about.

I kept getting goose-bumps whenever Lightning McQueen did something kind or when he saw Doc with his racing wheels. And I admit my eyes were a little damp when he pushed the King over the finish line. In my defense my allergies are acting up.

Then on Saturday, I was flipping around and came upon the end of "Blazing Saddles," when they are crashing into other movie sets and end up running off the Warner Bros. lot.

My first thought on seeing that running of the actors: "Man, that looks like fun; it would be cool to do that." I was thinking along the same vein I do when I see Superman fly (in movies. I know no one has caught him on tape).

Reality then hit and my second thought: "Damn, everyone can do that."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt
Blazing Saddles makes me cry for another reason. It is ridiculously funny and I am embarrassed that I find it so. When I was preganant with Stephen, I cried at life insurance ads. I have been known to cry watching nature programs and Meg will attest that there is an episode of Numb3rs that reduces me to tears despite repeated viewings. Brendan will tell you that I cried at least 3 separate times in Spideman 2. I cry looking at wire pix of war and children. Crying is a family trait, I guess.
I love you
Mary

Anonymous said...

Matt:
You can no longer mock me for crying at the end of Major League 2. Jim calls it recreational crying.
I love you, too.
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

I can, however, make fun of you for seeing Major League 2. And Numb3rs?


Blog Archive