Friday, September 28, 2007

This was bad

Here is the letter I sent my para-transit service today.

Hi, I have filed several complaints recently about poor scheduling that left me on your buses but 3 or 4 times longer than my trip takes. Today was the worst bit of scheduling I have seen in years. Even the driver said it was ridiculous.

He picked me up on time and we left for another pickup at 7:10 a.m. We reached the other pickup in about 20 minutes, although it was not closer to my destination. We waited 10 minutes for the other client to board. He was not late, we were early. We then drove 20 minutes to drop him off, again nowhere near the direction I was heading. In fact, when we finally started driving to my destination, we were farther away then when we started. We even passed where I was picked up. This final leg of the trip took 40 minutes. That is 10 to 20 minutes longer than my trip would take if I went straight from pickup to destination. And I had already been on the road or in the van for close to an hour.

I understand that you are a shared ride service. I don't mind picking up other clients, even dropping them off first if their destination is before mine on the way. But to drive me around for an hour, finally starting my trip at a point farther away than where I was picked up? That is simply unacceptable.


We'll see what they say. I didn't even tell them the worst part. The other passenger asked me, "Hey buddy, you got a girlfriend?"

Why is my love life so intriguing to my fellow passengers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you sent the letter. I have to agree -- what is with the love bus? Courvoisier all around.
xxoo
JTG
See you this afternoon.


Blog Archive