Saturday, October 20, 2007

Little much?

Apparently, even the good kind of bitter can go over poorly.

No, I take that back. Going over poorly suggests that it did at least go over. What I mean to say is it can fall flat on its face and be horribly maimed for life, or at least a few days.

I sent out an email to a handful of folks at work and got a number of responses. One of them said I could be an honorary overnight worker. Here is my response:

Awesome, because in truth, I have never been an honorary member of anything ... But for some reason I feel pressed to give a Family Guy-esque response.

Awesome, it will be so much better than my stint as an honorary Harlem Globetrotter. Cue flashback of Curly Neal dribbling the ball crazily down the court, through his legs, over his shoulders, etc. He whips the ball to me. It smacks me in the head and knocks me and my wheelchair over and everyone just stares for a minute. Then a Globetrotter dunks the ball and the crowd goes wild.


Pretty funny, huh? The Globetrotters would never out a guy in a wheelchair on the court as an honorary member.

One of the respondents IM'd me and said it was very nice, which was cool, but the email silence was a little deafening (as if I wasn't deaf enough).

Granted, they could have been too busy to reply. But they could also have found that a little uncomfortable. I mean, do they laugh or titter or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you see the one where Joe gets back the use of his legs and turns into a jerk? i guarantee that Jim would have found your e-mail hi-larious
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

I like the one where Peter and Joe meet. And Emily misread my post and thought it said Guy family-esque. I don't know what that says about you all.


Blog Archive