Wednesday, October 3, 2007

More

Reynolds Price, I think, tells the story of asking God how much more pain he'll have to face. God simply says more.

Let me tell you about my "more."

I came home from work and had to ask movers to move the ramp that was blocking the entrance to my condo. They did, and I went in.

It stunk. Mom and I thought it was just the diaper pail I use for Claren, so I fed Claren while Mom sprayed Lysol. I included in Claren's dinner some rice because she had been having some loose stools.

Diarrhea loose, it turns out. The diaper pail did not stink, so Mom and I wandered around looking for the culprit. Mom found it: several piles of muddy poop on the rug in the back room.

While she cleaned, I took Claren out where she promptly lost her dinner. It ran right through her. I actually was able to bag most of it, which I then ran over on my way back to my condo. You see, to avoid the mover ramp, I went out a back doorway that is at the end of a narrow hall so I was holding the bag close.

Mom came and cleaned my wheel and the walk where I ran over the bag. Then I made a vet appointment and asked mom if I could come home with her. I just was overwhelmed. Plus, Mom and Dad would help if Claren had another accident.

I had to get the movers to move the ramp again and the traffic was miserable, but we got to my folks' house, home. My sister brought her two kids over to say hi, to let me know they cared and to let my niece show off her Supergirl Halloween costume, which may be the coolest thing I have ever seen.

After they left, I kind of lost it. They were tears of joy, though, sort of. I am so loved, and people put up with such crap (literally) for me. It makes me feel guilty and wonderful at the same time.

And my sister came back after dinner, and another sister called to check in and mentioned something about my 13-year-old nephew making out with an 18-year-old. I must have misheard something, but even so I am jealous. And my other sister emailed.

I guess all I can do is follow the advice of my 2-year-old nephew (who may get a Batman costume, which has the potential to be cooler than Supergirl). When my sister told him I was sad and having a bad day, he said to tell me "to take a deep breath."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DID NOT SAY BRENDAN WAS MAKING OUT WITH AN 18-YEAR-OLD!!!! I SAID HE WAS DANCING WITH HER AND HAVING A COKE AT THE BAR WITH HER!!! Even I could not watch my 13-year-old make out with someone and not do something!!! And yes, take a deep breath.
love
mtc

Anonymous said...

Thank you for clearing that up...I was convinced you would have at least told me if he was mackin on an 18 year old.
xo
me

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for clearing that up. There was some concern here in Richmond. Here's another favorite saying from your 2 yr old nephew: As Em was suggesting costumes for him to try, he kept replying, "No, that's kind of tricky." So Joe is the font of wisdom. Take a deep breath, it's kind of tricky, we love you, etc. etc. I remember sobbing in the kitchen as people cleaned my house, did my laundry, fixed up the yard. I was so grateful for the help and so effing sick of needing it.
Oh my dears, all of you, love a million times.
JTG

Anonymous said...

Things you think you will never say or hear said...."Joe is the font of wisdom." I like it though.
xo
me

Anonymous said...

Joe Donovan...font of wisdom. It has a nice ring to it. Maybe we should get him a t-shirt with that printed on it.
love
EMT

Matt said...

I think somebody is protesting too much. The Bean got some!


And why is somebody signing things as me and EJT, so we think it is two people?

Anonymous said...

THE BEAN GOT SOME!!???!! I think you may be confusing him with his older brother,who, by the way, has made an appointment for his tattoo.
mtc

Anonymous said...

ok...who said the thing about the t-shirt...and signed EMT? I signed mine me.

xo
Emily

Matt said...

Eleanor, your dad lets you read this?

What and where is what I want to know now? About the tattoo.

Anonymous said...

The tattoo: similar to Emily's (that is only fitting) and above his heart (I think)
mtc

Anonymous said...

great, now I'm going to have to let Callie read this, since she's the only one out of the loop. also, she and meg are planning their tatoos. dear god.
JTG

Anonymous said...

yes my dad does let me read this, and if Callie and Meg get tattoos I think I'll get one too.
EMT

Anonymous said...

So, is Juli Knight doing Stephen's tattoo? Love to all.

BT


Blog Archive