Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My legs are worse than jimmy's

Maybe it is a good thing I do not have a lady friend (except Claren) because I would never want to kick a woman out of bed. But my legs ... Well, they are just crazy enough to do it.

They kicked my nephew in the face on Sunday. I lost my shoe, and he retrieved it and started to guide my foot into it. He must have touched something, though, because next thing I know my foot is shooting up into his face.

Even though he is just 2, Joe shrugged it off. Thankfully, because his mother was almost doubled up on the ground in tears as she watched. And yes, they were tears of laughter.

This morning, I put one foot into the shower no problem. The next one, though, decided to take a giant step into the tub. The result: a resounding clang between a knee and one of grab bars, which resulted in a rather hurried sit onto the edge of the tub, which in turn resulted in a thigh getting wedged under the tub faucet. Not too cool.

Now I now people refer to this as the jimmy legs, but I am thinking that this is my chance at eternity: The Matty legs.

P.S. Claren's biopsy showed it was a benign cyst. Yeah!

P.P.S. Happy birthday, Meghan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does that make me a bad mom? I think it was the look of "what the hell? oh well whatever." on Joe's face that did me in.

xo
ejd

Matt said...

That was the look exactly.


Blog Archive