Wednesday, October 17, 2007

'Reaper" makes me feel better

Several people asked if I saw "House" last week and were quite glad when I said I hadn't. Of course, that made me annoyed I missed it.

I haven't watched "House" regularly since the first season. Last year, "Eureka" and "Veronica Mars" took precedence. This year, I really like "Reaper."

I finally read the recap on twop, and I am glad mostly that I am not watching "House" anymore. I am a little glad I missed that particular episode, too.

It was about a boy and his dog, although the boy was in his 40s. But I am still a boy and am 36.

Fine ... a guy and his dog. The guy has SMA, and the dog is a service dog. The guy passes out and is hospitalized. Lots of tests, failed treatments and snooty doctor stuff later, the guy dies. Then the dog does.

Turns out Team House was using the right treatment, but the guy didn't take the pills. The dog did. This kills them both.

Ugh.

I am not saying Claren would not eat pills if they were lying on the floor, but I can't imagine a service dog actively stealing drugs.

Also, I get scared if Claren eats a grape (or if I even think she did). I think a service dog partner might check in with a vet after his dog wolfed down pills.

I guess I will just be glad I am hooked on "Reaper."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was disappointed in that portion of the show, particularly since I heard about it from my friend whose daughter has SMA and had at one point been encouraged to have her kids (Bean's age and younger) watch the show. I think killing the dog was a bad idea. I also heard that there was stuff showing the guy being a regular kind of fellow, flirting with a coffee shop waitress or something, that was cut and ended up not running. So it was toss-up for my friend: Glad SMA was getting press, sad that it was one-sided. love you
mtc

Anonymous said...

there were all kinds of problems with that episode. the dog was on a retractable leash while working. there should have been a PA in the picture somewhere. who was taking the dog out while he was in the hosp? where were the people who helped him in Thailand? however, I thought Reaper was kind of lame. I love you.
JTG

Matt said...

Killing a dog is always bad, but not showing regular things is worse.

And yeah, I wondered about who is dog care. Retractable leashes are OK, though. I don't use one when moving about because I have had one get totally wrapped up in my wheels.

Matt said...

And "Reaper" rocks.


Blog Archive