Sunday, November 25, 2007

Not thankful for this

I had a bad day today.

It was not a surprise. I am not allowed to have so many consecutive days when the good outweighs the bad.

Mostly, though, it was not a surprise because I forgot to take my antidepressant. And it floored me.

The tiredness, the sadness, the anger, the head-throbbing pain, the ringing in my ears ... It was all there.

I did have reasons: I was tired; my brothers and sisters and their families were going home; Claren did eat one of the several presents her cousin left behind in Claren's pen; I had not showered in a few days ...

So after bursting into tears, I agreed with mom to just stay at my folks house and sleep all day, which is what I did.

The only good part of the day, other than my understanding parents, was when I first got on to the floor to nap. Claren must have known I was suffering, and she tried to lay in my lap. And whenever I asked her to moved, she would just re-settle into my lap.

Of course, she did eat something nasty earlier so I am not sure I should have been so welcoming with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it is any consolation, I am sure my family wishes I had just curled up and napped for the rest of Sunday too. I am so glad to have seen you and your wonderful dog. And seeing you ride was, as always, a treat and a half. I can see why you like to trot. I love you
mtc

Matt said...

Thanks. My wonderful dog has not only spoiled my parents but also the woman who walks her for me at work when I can't. She said she was visiting relatives and offered to walk their yellow Lab. An hour later she got back out of breath and arms aching because the dog dragged her along. Claren never does that. Except to me.


Blog Archive