Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Craptacular

Even if I hadn't run over some of Claren's poop at lunch, the day would have still been crappy. (HEE! At least I still have my rollicking sense of humor. I would say at least I have my health, but guess what? I don't. It's like 7Up and caffeine: Never had it, never will.)

It wasn't even totally my fault that I rolled in the poop. Claren really had to go, so I released her in an area where the path at work is about an inch above the land next to it. She went and I wheeled a little off the path to pick it up. I had to be careful because about 2 feet off the path is a really steep drop. I turned off my chair and bent down. This caused the chair to roll a little more off the path. At this point I was a little more worried about sliding down the steep drop, so I did not notice where my front wheel was until too late.

After I rearranged things and picked up the poop. I then went and scraped of my wheel and drove around in the grass to get the stinky off.

But as said it was a crappy day anyway. I ran late this morning because it took me 10 minutes to adjust the water for my shower. It is a very involved process that involves turning it all the way hot then down, then turning off the shower and just running water. It is getting worse, too, and the plumber my warranty company hired to fix it has been less than great.

Things were bad even before my ride to work, but they were nothing para-transit could not make worse. This time it wasn't even all the system's fault.

There is a woman who lives real close to me and works real close to where I work. She even goes in at a similar time. Sounds perfect, right? Well, except they drop her first every time even though they pick me up first. I am closer to a highway, so OK. The other problem is the woman: She comes out when her pickup is scheduled, not 15 minutes early as the service states.

I got to work then and had a busy morning, made busier because my boss is busy with non-day-to-day work so it was mostly me. I did my job fine, but I forgot I needed to do his job as well (he told me earlier). Or there was some dispute over how I did his job; I can't decide. Whichever, he wound up talking to me and sent out an email to our staff saying we slipped up on our main mission this morning. I don't like to slip up, whether it is my fault or not.

And it's cold, and I feel stressed, and my bottom hurts, so I should not sit on it. But hey, guess what again? I have to sit? Or go to bed. That's not a bad idea.

No comments:


Blog Archive