Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Death: Scary as hell?

There is one thing about death that scares me. And no, it isn't about going to hell. If Theresa of Avila can call God out after her cart falls in a stream, I think I have, if anything, been far too lenient with God.

What scares me is my death going unnoticed. I don't mean I am worried that I will lie on my bathroom floor for weeks before a neighbor smells something rotting. I know my family won't forget me.

But what about everyone else I know? What if they just don't notice that Matt has not emailed or blogged in a while?

Perhaps this is the reason I would never kill myself: I am worried that my friends might not know. But if I ever get really popular, I may have to do myself in. (Kidding, kidding. I'll never get really popular. HEE)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think once you're dead that won't matter anymore. But let's not test the hypothesis.
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

Let me get this straight: Are you telling a person who worries about his popularity that death would free him from that concern?


Blog Archive