Sunday, February 3, 2008

I am not cruel to animals

As if staying home for the Super Bowl is not bad enough, I am now expecting a call or visit from the SPCA.

I felt OK today; the reason I stayed some was because I did not feel confident going to a place I cannot easily get to the bathroom.

I cannot begin to tell you how bad it feels to have an entire weekend ruined by a stupid pot pie, especially one that wouldn't hurt others. And it is not like I was neglectful. I checked the ingredients: no MSG. Something else is screwing with me, though.

How am I supposed to do anything with people in the undisabled world? People do mot regularly have accessible houses and bathrooms. As cool as my condo is, I don't really think I can just ask people to come here.

But enough about that; it is not a new problem. The SPCA? Now that's new.

I was out walking Claren during the second quarter, not that i had to. We had already done a lot of walking. I was just being nice to her. We were on our way home when Claren saw another dog and got excited. She even made a less-than-friendly bark, I think. The other dog owner stopped with her dog in the middle of the parking lot to see, I guess, whether my dog was a killer.

I backed my chair up a little and angled it so it was between Claren and the rest of the sidewalk, so the other person could walk by.

Normally, Claren is very nimble when it comes to staying out of reach of my tires. Not tonight, though. And I must have stopped on her foot or something, because she let out a long and pitiful yelp. Then I made her sit.

The other dog owner seemed to be bending over and hugging her dog to ward off the horror they had just witnessed. With them rooted to their spot, Claren and I walked past and into the condo development. Claren was quite attentive to me and not at all distracted by that other dog.

Claren was fine, of course, and for all you Claren fans, she totally got me back.

I have a laundry basket on wheels and it was in my living room tonight. I spilled some water and saw a towel in the basket, so I stretched out toward it to grab the towel. It was just out of reach. The basket has a tug on it for Claren to pull to help me get it to and from the laundry. I asked her to tug it to me now. Well, she did tug it all right, about three feet in the other direction.

No comments:


Blog Archive