Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tired and I didn't even give birth

As I was wandering around in a daze Friday at work (or should it be "wolling around"?), I put together just how much sleep a week of working late costs me. Just sleep, this does not count the other problems: like the "Dr. Who" episode I turned off with 15 minutes to go because I was too tired or the "Battlestar Galactica" episode I missed in its entirety, which I am watching now online, but few online shows have closed captioning and BSG is not one. It also doesn't take into account my stomach, which is just today getting back to normal.

I normally work 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. When I work late -- 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. -- I go to bed a half-hour to an hour later than my usual 10 and get up an hour later. That is about a half-hour a day gained. But I lose about a half-hour a day because I am not able to sleep on my trips much because it is later in the day.

The real pain is I lose my daily nap, 1.5 to 2.5 hours a day. By Friday I am lucky to be alive, having lost 7.5 or more hours total.

Maybe that explains why on Saturday, I slept till noon-ish and was still too tired to take a shower. My little sister tried to make me feel better by saying she had not showered much after she had her first baby. Of course, I don't have things shooting out of my womb. Heck, I don't even have a womb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silver linings everywhere!
JTg

Matt said...

Yes indeed, Pollyanna.


Blog Archive