Friday, July 25, 2008

A costly employee

I asked someone at work today if the company had ever repaired the elevator I broke. It has been a while, so I was pretty sure they had.

He told that the company was trying to find a cheaper repair price than $10,000. Really.

I apparently cost my company almost 20% of my annual salary in one brief elevator ride. Not even a ride, all I had to do was go into the elevator.

I know it was an accident. One of my friends says these things happen so they might as well be really big. His biggest mishap, though, involves borrowing paper clips.

I know my company or its insurance can afford to fix the elevator, but I also know that it would be really nice for anyone not to have that kind of expense on the ledger.

I still want to apologize to someone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you apologize for that, you will have to apologize to me and the rest of the gang for apologizing! This is what insurance is for! If the workmanship was so shoddy that a bump could break it, it was a bad design to start with!
love you!
mtc

Anonymous said...

ohhhh Matty, you make me heave heavy sighs and roll my eyes. I don't even know where to begin.

xo
ejd

Matt said...

I won't apologize, but it i still a lot of money.


Blog Archive