Monday, July 14, 2008

I root for the coyote

A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from a friend of mine. She said she was listening to a coyote howl and was thinking "Matt would think this was cool." She was totally right. I don't get out among wildlife much. Seeing deer along the toll road is always a highlight for me, even though deer are about as rare as mosquitoes in Northern Virginia.

What is even cooler than the coyote, though, was that she thought of me. Me?!

My biggest fear, bigger even than getting fired for breaking an elevator, is that I am out of sight out of mind. I remember someone telling me about some get together and saying something like "We should have invited you."

Even family members, who I totally know think about me, are not immune from my paranoia. When one says, I'll call you tonight, and they don't for whatever good reason, I have been known to freak. And not in a good way.

I am getting better, a little, sort of, I think ...

My sister and I made plans to go see Wall-E
with her kids today. But her daughter got pink eye so we didn't go. And I am OK with it. Even though I wanted to see it, really bad ... My niece's eye wasn't that pink either. Maybe she is just weaseling out of going somewhere with her uncle. Or maybe my sister is making excuses because she doesn't want to think about me, let alone be in public with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JTG

Anonymous said...

You are a big rat....yeah I don't want to be seen in public with you, but I would like to live with you for the rest of our lives!!!!!!!

Watch it or we won't take you...

ejd

Matt said...

aren't I funny?

Anonymous said...

Poor Matt, dissed again by his nemesis, who had lulled him into a false sense of security. What a clever, clever little 5-year-old!
mtc

Matt said...

I knew there was a good explanation beyond the "pink eye." She totally set me up, lulling me, as you said, with her song "USA, USA TODAY. That's where Uncle Matt works." Darn me for a trusting sap!


Blog Archive