Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I go to the vet

Today I went to the human vet to see about my arm. It was a little disappointing because my doctor just said take Advil, which I have been doing.

It also sucks because I got proof my health insurance -- a health savings account -- just might be the worst in the planet but I am likely stuck with it till next open enrollment.

I chose it because the HR website said no other plan took my doctor. My doctor said, Whoa, we take everything for existing patients. Needless to say I am a little put out.

I am also trying to cut way back on my anti-depressant for no other reason than cost. Just 90 days dosage will suck all the savings out of my account and then some. That in itself makes me depressed.

To top it off, Claren barfed in the elevator. Yes barf with an "F," not bark with a "K." She started gagging right as we got on, no clue why. She then made two puddles about 2 inches wide. So it wasn't a lot. She would have licked it all up, too, if I had let her.

While I was watching the spit fly, the elevator started going down, not up like i wanted. I rode down to the garage then back up to my doctor's floor with lots of people, dog barf and no paper towels.

I resolved to go to the bathroom on my doctor's floor, get some paper towels and wipe it up. But the bathrooms are locked and the keys are in the doctors' offices. I then just went to my appointment, worrying that I would go to hell for this mishap. Actually, I was worried Claren would throw up again in the office, which unlike the elevator is carpeted.

She didn't and when I got into the exam room, I snagged a handful of paper towels. On leaving I waited for the right elevator ready to clean up my mess. The doors opened and .... The floor was sparkling. Someone must have mopped it up.

3 comments:

Matt said...

And OK, I just did a google news search to make sure there was not a massive manhunt on for a guy with a barfing dog after someone slipped and died in an elevator.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that people using wheelchairs who make every effort to clean up after their service dogs don't go to hell for that. Not like the TABs who don't pick up after their dogs because they are lazy and rude and selfish. They are definitely going.

Matt said...

Obviously


Blog Archive