Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fear and self-loathing in Falls Church

Last night was just a bad night. Mom pointed out a lump under one of Claren's legs. A lump that I immediately assumed was cancer. It was all I could do to not take her to the emergency vet right then. But since a day or two will likely make little difference, I will take her next week to see the regular vet.

I also dropped my laptop. It worked fine for a while after that but now won't come on. I have a backup of all but the last few months so that is OK, but I can't stop being mad.

Everything is so goddamned hard.

My hand was a little damp and the laptop case slipped and fell on the floor. But looking back I would have done the same thing. I can't wait for someone to hand me my laptop every night.

My laptop is in as safe and easy a place to reach as we can make it. But there is always risk and in my case more risk in almost everything.

I took it to the Apple store and the genius said I had likely damaged the hard drive, logic board and display. Repair would cost $750. Of course, I can buy a new one for that price almost. And my vaunted AppleCare warranty doesn't cover self-inflicted damage.

Next week when I am at the vet, I will ask whoever drives me to take my mac to an independent repair shop. Until then, and probably after, I will sit here stewing about the crap I have to deal with.

And if that wasn't enough:

Jerkwad builder drained the basements of the houses he is building on to the land we are supposed to be building on soon even though he was told not to.

Claren sampled the poop sitting in the front yard, which means someone let their dog climb the wall on to Mom and Dad's yard, poop and then decided not to pick it up.

No comments:


Blog Archive