Sunday, September 20, 2009

Go, go Claren legs

I have been missing the one form of athletic competition I ever had, horseback riding competitions. I don't miss the practices, but the competition riding when it was just me and the horse. And that is the riding I can't do anymore.

Perhaps what I miss is the thrill of competition, so swimming could maybe fill that void. Of course, I was just too tired to go today, so don't  count on me taking the swimming world by storm.

I could always race my nephew. He is faster than i am, but it would be really easy to "accidentally" run him off the race track.

Mom and I decided that it didn't help my competition disappointments to see the ribbons I had won riding when I went to bed every night, so she took them off the wall by my bed. I'll find a place for them in the new house, but I just can't have them in so obvious a spot as the foot of my bed.

In their place, she hung the original, non-computerized version of the drawing at the upper left, me wheeling on the bitter tightrope.

I love that drawing. Even though I use a power chair most of the time these days, I still think it is perfect.

But, I just realized Claren isn't in it.

I thought at first she could sit on my back and hold either an umbrella or a long stick that tightrope walkers use because she keeps my ventures into the dark side to a minimum. But then I thought: Claren doesn't ride on my back.

She could drag a net under me to catch me since she helps me bounce back from my bad bitterness, but come on she is just one dog. I doubt she is strong enough to pull a big net and line it up properly.

Finally, it hit me: Tomorrow at the vet's I will ask about getting Claren some legs like Dyno-mutt or Inspector Gadget. With mechanical legs that extend she can walk next to me on the balance beam and keep me safe.

She and I can also fight crime, which should keep me from missing competition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I going to need to re-do the drawing? Could we just make it a collage?
Also, thanks for getting Country Joe running through my head everytime I wash my hands.
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

On no, it'll be like colorforms.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! like the Supe colorforms we had?
JTG


Blog Archive