Thursday, November 12, 2009

Full stop

Because I am sure that I am not really starting to see the good in people, I have decided that my blog is just reaching a wider audience than I realized. Everywhere, people who have to come through Falls Church are saying to themselves: "Don't piss off the guy in the wheelchair; be nice to him or he might skewer you on his blog!"

How else to explain what happened today on a rainy day walk?

I was crossing the street and this SUV stopped to let me across, but about eight feet from the curb, my thumb hit a button on my chair that turns it off.

This is a totally stupid button-placement issue. It has no business being where it is, especially because I have asked the wheelchair salesman where to put your hand to avoid that button and he just more or less put his hand in the same position as mine and said you just don't touch it.

Anyway, the driver just drove on, no honking or nothing. Now that I think of it, I could be bitter he didn't offer help. After all, a wheelchair just dies in the middle of the road! What did he think was happening? Ass!

Ohh, that felt good. I'll give him a pass, though, because of what happened next.

When I got to the sidewalk, Claren immediately pooped in the grass. I was bent over in the rain picking it up, tying the bad and putting Claren on my caribiner so I could keep both hands under my poncho.

Not one but two people stopped, rolled down their passenger windows and offered to help. I said no and let me them go on, but I think I could like it here now that I am properly training the citizenry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it must be because Claren is so cute and they wanted to help her. I mean forget about just the guy in the wheelchair :-) sorry, I just couldn't resist this one.
sdt

Matt said...

But this is all happening recently, meanie.


Blog Archive