Monday, December 7, 2009

Taking the plunge

I finished my second session of swimming last night with a bang. And I don't mean the dinner after class that I went to.

We went to lane 2, and I started off with 10 lengths of swimming. I had on the vest, and they weren't holding my head at all. I know this because I kept running into the lane's side ropes. When they are holding me, I glide pretty straight. But last night I was all over the lane.

i know your head acts as the rudder of your body so you turn the opposite of the way you want to go, and I was trying. It was easier to just push off from the lane ropes.

After the swimming, I walked three lengths. That was really tiring.

Then I just did different leg exercises while a volunteer held me up.

I was done for then. But I still put my face in the water a few times, and then had one of the volunteers pull me through the water, so I get used to being on my stomach. I was supposed to kick but I couldn't. It is surprisingly hard to get pulled through the water.

Finally, instead of lifting up the lane rope, I went under it. Whoo!

As for the dinner, it was nice. It was at a local pizza place, and I couldn't hear. That was why I was so tired yesterday, I think. Too tired to write.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night, Matt. You make me feel hopeful about things.
mtc

Matt said...

I have my moments.


Blog Archive