Monday, January 25, 2010

I could be Twilight sexy

I am so bummed out.

Last night I was googling to find the best video game system for those of us with Friedreich's ataxia. Since we'll have a Wii hooked up to the huge TV in the house, I was considering options for the slightly less huge TV in my room. It occurs to me I miss the good old Atari joystick, not these controllers with 37 buttons and keypads. Not of course, because I am old, but because I have FA.

In my googling, I came upon an MTV article that mentioned this movie coming out in March starring Kristen Stewart of Twilight fame that is about Friedreich's ataxia.

Before I get to the meat of what the article says about the movie The Cake Eaters, I can't continue without slamming MTV for using the word "affliction" to describe FA. Ugh. That it is a yucky word. I would not want to get close to people with afflictions even if they are Kristen Stewart. It's just a disease, not even contagious.

Anyway, It calls her performance of someone with the "affliction" as wonderful and even "sexy."

My ears perked up at sexy. I could be sexy. I pictured myself engulfed by Twilight fans who find me disarmingly sexy. Plus, I'm all about that whole sexy celibacy vampires got going on. And I am not even a threat to bite or kill.

But then I saw the date on the MTV article: March 2009. The Cake Eaters came out last year! I did not get engulfed by Twilight fans. No one found me disarmingly sexy. Damn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not crazy about them calling it a terminal illness. But how weird, FA in a movie.
JTG

jess said...

One word. Just one.

SEQUEL

Anonymous said...

Can we now start playing the who gets to play us in the movie of your life? This could be setting us up for hours of fun at dinner!

xo
ejd

Matt said...

A sequel indeed. Here is the plot since I am pretty sure the FA'er dies at the end of Cake Eaters:
Cake Eaters' Kristin Stewart gets bitten by Twilight's Edward Cullen right before her death. As I learned from Buffy Season 2, "Lie to Me" episode, this will make her healthy. Then in a twist on Twilight she becomes obsessed with me.

Am I the only one hearing the box office registers go wild?

As far as actors, at first I was thinking I'd play myself, but then I realized I would be too tied up acting in the God sitcom. My Richmond sister had at one time suggested Jay Mohr, and I like young Jay Mohr. I just don't care for how he paunched out in Gary Unmarried. So I just chatted briefly with my movie-encyclopedia nephew who suggested Ed Norton or Gary Sinese. Not bad but I am accepting nominations.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Ed Norton. He's dreamy. No way on Gary Sinese because all I will think is "Lieutenant Dan!"

ejd

Anonymous said...

I was just going to remind you about Jay Mohr. Let's not forget that Mom was going to be played by Susan Sarandon and Dad by Michael Caine.
J

Matt said...

No to Jay.

Tony said...

Jackie Chan?

Anonymous said...

if Bean recommended Gary Sinise you should be complimented. He likes Sinise
mtc

Anonymous said...

I'm ok with Michael Caine as dad, but Susan Sarandon as mom...kind of oogs me out. I was thinking more along the lines of Judy Dench.

Anonymous said...

Mom requested Susan Sarandon, but it did get a little oogie when Tim asked if he could be played by Tim Robbins!
I was going to be Cate Blanchett and Jim was Liam Neeson....


Blog Archive