Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sweet mystery of life at last I've found you

After seeing the Musical Young Frankenstein today at the Kennedy Center, I have two thoughts.

First, I have to add women who dance to my list of crushes, which includes every woman in any Joss Whedon show, all female superheroes and Natalie Portman.

Second, the fat guy who sat near Dad at Redskins games was right: "Everybody sits, everybody sees."

As far as my new crushes: Dancing just looks so joyous, and I would like to be part of it. It may also stem from my experience at Joseph and the Amazing Technciolor Dreamcoat (my favorite musical, too, Julie Jacobs!).

When I was about 9, a bunch of my family went to see the show. At the end, one of Pharoah's women dancers came up to me, chucked me under the chin and said something like: " Ohh, Kingy-wingy."

And dancers are just beautiful. They have, in the words of Lenny Leonard, "legs from here to ya-ya."

At the end of the show, we clapped for everyone, then the actor who played Dr. Frankenstein took his bows. First, this woman in the row ahead of us stood up and I thought, "Don't give him a standing ovation." But then more and more people stood up.

I suppose it is great for a performer. It is not so great for me or my brother or my sister-in-law who all use wheelchairs and got to stare at people's backs.

Despite that it was great fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I hit the lottery I am buying the tank chair and also the chair that you can raise up to head height and make go up stairs.

Glad you all had fun. Now go and "put the candle back."

xo
me

Matt said...

I could just buy a cattle prod.


Blog Archive