Sunday, January 17, 2010

Take me to the pool, drop me in the water

I made my triumphant return to the pool today, complete with optical googles so I could ditch my glasses and still sort of see.

They worked well, but I kept forgetting I was wearing them so when I ducked my head under the water I closed my eyes. Then I was like: Oh yeah. IO opened my eyes and I saw people's feet. the bottom of the pool is not that interesting.

I also need to work on blowing bubbles. One of my helpers didn't like that I was just holding my breath when I went under, not blowing bubbles. I told her I'd try, but I knew what would happen: When I blow bubbles, I always breathe in through my nose. It's silly, I know. But sure enough it happened.

I did eight lengths with my fat suit on so the helpers weren't holding me much, then I walked two lengths.

I had forgotten how much fun it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock. Maybe if everyone is better next Sunday I will take you with the kids and let them swim too!

I love you.
xo
me

Matt said...

Crazy!


Blog Archive