Sunday, February 28, 2010

Swimming upside down (for me)

For seven-second intervals today, I was swimming on my stomach. If you count someone pulling you through the water as swimming. I'm going to count it.

I started off with five pool lengths of swimming without my float vest. I did pretty good, but I still lose it some and collapse. I doubt I'd drown in real life, but I guess I do still need someone with me. Not that they are going anywhere. We have lessons through March to make up for the snow days.

After my back-floating, we walked five pool lengths, then I swam with the vest for a while.

I forgot my goggles today and could have used them as I was being pulled through the water or before that when I was just putting my face in.

The stomach swimming took a lot out of me. I don't know why it was so hard, but it was. I just did a few more laps on my back with the vest and was done.

Everyone thought it was a good lesson and that I'd sleep well. I am sure I will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good. I have been doing one hour of breathing exercises every Friday with my sisters yoga instructor. It is surprising how tired my diaphragm was! I am going to try to do it until my next pulmonary appointment to see if it helps. At least it is a form of exercise considering I don't really do anything else except some hand weights and that doesn't wear me out.
sdt

Matt said...

Breathing is tough!

Anonymous said...

that is for SURE!
sdt


Blog Archive