Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Legs wide shut

Medicine fixed my achy, breaky bladder in minutes this weekend but it is broke again.

I started the medicine on Friday night and it worked great. It is an anti-spasmodic, which apparently was just what my bladder needed. I was not rushing to the bathroom and stuff. Awesome, I thought.

The rotten thing is that there are always "but"s in my life. And on Monday, I got smacked by a doozy.

The potential side effects started on me. One was nausea, so I was feeling a little off. Even a couple of Cinnamon Pop-Tarts did not help.

Even worse, the medicine made my mouth dry and pasty. I was drinking so much water to moisten my mouth that I was going to the bathroom more than I did before I even took the medicine.

I decided to stop the medicine and try again next week when I am off work a few days and can afford to feel sick.

I made this decision after my little sister suggested I just catheterize myself. She was serious, having forgotten that I have no fine muscle control and that I almost fainted when a doctor tried to catheterize me. When she asked this, all I wanted to do was cross my legs and prevent any possible entry. Writing this paragraph has my legs in the same defensive position.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain buddy. I do not want to go into detail, but I am having some major urological issues and I'm trying to fix them with medication and it is not working. So I am looking toward plan B which is a minor outpatient surgery. It better work because the alternative is major surgery and there is no way I am going there. What are you taking? What dosage? unfortunately I have 27 years worth of bladder issue experience so I might be able to help.
sdt

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdymtyXt8Y

David Sedaris has the answer.

xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

OK, I foresee trouble if I go David Sedaris style


Blog Archive