Friday, April 9, 2010

Matt keeps economy running

I have been doing my darnedest to keep the economy humming this week.

I went to the mall Wednesday and bought prescription sun glasses with all the bells and whistles. The salesman was probably laughing and rubbing his hands that he got such a rube, one who'd actually but polarization coating or something. But I just figure why would they offer it if it was worthless.

After the mall, I went and bought comic books.

Yesterday, I went to the bike store to talk about options for my recumbent trike. I lift with a new hand-cycle, having traded in my trike. It is pretty cool. Unfortunately, the Internet is a joke tonight so I can't find a picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see the new bicycle.
sdt

Matt said...

I was remiss also in not pointing out the Herculean efforts my little sister went through to get me the bike. First, she took me to the bike store, raised the issue of the hand-cycle, even took me to a bread store and let me buy her three loaves of bread.

Seriously, it was a lot. I am indebted. Of course her kids could let me win a freaking bike race once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Lol...It was a great outing! As for getting the kids to let you win? Maybe we need to set up a longer course on the bike trail so you have a chance to get some speed going. Those quick starts are tough on the had cycle. ;)

xoxo
ejd


Blog Archive