Thursday, May 27, 2010

Heading Norse

I am left feeling like someone in a story either by Elie Wiesel or from one of Mom's dinner-time story books. It talks about these Jewish men in a concentration camp who held a trial and found God guilty. Then they went and prayed.

Now, I am NOT comparing my life to one in a concentration camp. Gene Weingarten says that anyone who tries to compare themselves or anything to the Holocaust or Nazis immediately loses respect.

But the idea that God is all we have to pray to -- even if we might think he is a real jerk.

I believe I will start following the Norse religion. That way if I get pissed at Odin, there is aways Thor, Frigga, Balder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack-- then don't read American Gods by Neil Gaimon.
JTG

Anonymous said...

Those Norse gods have some really great names too
mtc

Anonymous said...

Esp Frikka.
J

Matt said...

IS American Gods about Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Superman?

My main D&D character Fenkeg the magician followed the Norse religion.


Blog Archive