Monday, May 17, 2010

Where is that fountain of youth?

I have been reading the month's comic books, and while I haven't got to the best – Echo, Green Lantern – I have been a little disappointed.

And earlier today, a woman got in the elevator and said to me: You're too young to have all that gray hair.

Am I getting old?

I also got a new intern today who is a senior in college, and looks like a kid.

Dang, dang, dang.

I know I am aging. The devil isn't interested in buying my soul, so it is to be expected, I guess.

At swimming I see parents with adult children who are disabled and are older than Mom and Dad, and I don't want to be like that. I know I am already, but as long as I read comics and watch cartoons and wear my hair short enough to hide the gray, I can fool myself.

Who wants to be a tether to people you love even if they don't mind?

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I think you're safe as long as you keep running obstacle courses with Joed and Katherine on the back of your chair.

Matt said...

Well, yes, and Justice Society of America's story arc about nazis taking over America and depowering and imprisoning all superheroes was pretty awesome, too.


Blog Archive