Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My very own Greek chorus

In the comedy/tragedy that is my life it is good to know that people are watching and commenting on the action, even if they are unable to help.

Mom and I went for a quick walk last night despite the foreboding clouds. I wanted to see the likely color schemes that my sister had painted on the side of the new house. We didn't get any farther. The rain started coming and it intensified fast.

As the rain got harder I gave Mom Claren to run in the side yard while I kicked it up to fifth gear and motored up the driveway. I had some trouble getting lined up for the ramp in fifth. One set of wheels, then the other went off the side at the beginning. Mom came out with an umbrella and we got in. I was soaked totally and took a shower to clean off, which is where the story ended, I thought until today.

I mentioned to my sister what happened and she said, Oh, that is why K was going crazy. Then she mimicked her 7-year-old daughter K:

UNCLE MATT! OH NO, UNCLE MATT! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

The only question I have is why on earth didn't my sister come over to check on me after that performance from my niece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok come on now....I knew you were ok. I asked K if you got inside alright. No you are just making me sound like a big meanie. :)
I was hoping you were going to be writing about how you told J he should take all his money to the comic book store with you.

xo
me

Ellen said...

She didn't come because she doesn't love you. It's the only thing that makes sense, really.

Anonymous said...

OK I laughed outloud at work when I read this. All of it!
mtc

Matt said...

Well big meanie, if the shoe fits ... As Ellen says, and if she can figure it out ... KIDDING.

It made me laugh thinking about my niece.


Blog Archive