Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not my fault (yeah it is)

I wish that the damage I routinely inflict on my wheelchair was some kind of conscious or unconscious rebellion against the POS machine.

I know, however, that the many breaks are 95% the result of bad reaction time and just plain clumsiness. (I know that I am dooming myself to never be allowed to use a riding mower.) Maybe 5% is due to the chair's shittiness. Well, maybe 10%, it really is so poorly designed.

But if i could chalk the destruction to something that wasn't really my fault, I'd feel better. Like now: I would not feel so stupid for speeding into the wheelchair stall door and not stopping until a bolt had sheared off in the part where bolts screw in (which might be a female screw but I am not sure).

I think everything will work out OK. A friend at work said he could get the bolt out and I have extras to replace it. Just arghh!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm shouldn't the place of business do that?

Matt said...

Well, it was my fault and my friend will do it for free.

Anonymous said...

THE PLACE OF BUSINESS SHOULD DO IT!!!!!
mtc

Anonymous said...

Dude. How fast were you going?
JTG

Matt said...

Too fast.

Anonymous said...

for clarification...I just found out that the wheelchair is what had to be fixed, not the door.

xo
ejd


Blog Archive