Friday, November 5, 2010

When the going gets tough, Matt gets napping

I got up this morning, a vacation day, had a good breakfast and decided to go for a ride on my trike.

I had wanted to anyway and then I talked to my rock-climbing friend yesterday and she decided we should do the Army 10-miler next October. I told her I was dubious about my ability to go 10 miles, ride up hills or maintain the 4 mph pace that the organizers require. Don't worry, she said, you have a year to train plus I'll push if you need it; we'll be a team. How could I say no to that? And another friend had just posted a cool story about running. And how cool would it be to say I did a 10-miler?

I sat down to change, lost my balance and slammed into a super pole, sending my glases flying. I was OK, but my glasses bent and iIt was like all the energy I had minutes earlier jut slipped away.

I went to get my glasses tightened, played with Claren, read and took a nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can do it! You told me the 5K was a breeze!
sdt

Matt Trott said...

5k was a breeze in my power chair. My bike is another story.

Anonymous said...

would they kick you out if you use your power chair?
sdt

Matt Trott said...

Why do it in a power chair?

Blog Archive