Monday, December 6, 2010

Tales of a brassy monkey

I was talking yesterday to the volunteer working with me at swimming about how few of us showed up at class. He said when it gets cold out, people often don't show. I told him I was tempted not to show up. He pointed out that a lot of people were more than tempted.

It's too bad because the water was really nice. I like working with this volunteer because once I put the swim vest, or fat suit, on, he let me go. Most others may let me swim on my own, but they are real close. This guy stays six feet away, close enough to grab me if I inhale part of the pool but far enough to make it seem like I am swimming.

I did inhale a couple of gallons of chlorinated water, but mostly I swam. Even the lifeguard said so. Not that I needed him to save mw. He was passing by after I got out and he complimented me.

My big problem was swimming into the lane ropes. I don't swim straight apparently, but I can do nothing straight.

And freezing. That was a big problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But as Joed pointed out to his mom, the pool is inside so no problem, right?
love
mtc

Anonymous said...

Matt is a member of the Polar Bear Club.
JTG

Matt said...

Joed is getting a little big for his britches, I think.

And do polar bears sit around whining about the weather when it gets below 50?


Blog Archive