Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm sorry

You know how in It's a Wonderful Life, George comes home on that day Uncle Billy lost the money and when Mary asks what's wrong, he says, "Another big red-letter day for the Baileys"; then he yells at his kids, apologizes, tries to kill himself and is saved by his guardian angel?

Well, I promise not to try to jump off any bridge. I only have 4% power in my chair anyway -- I had to turn it off and on multiple times just to get enough power to get up the driveway. I couldn't get to a bridge.

I also won't dive into a cold river because I suspect my guardian angel would not be up to saving me.

Like George, I also have some apologies to make. I am sorry that:

  • I run into walls and scrape molding off. It wasn't on purpose. I didn't realize I was touching the wall.
  • I have roped people at work into helping me move my stuff to a new desk. I hate that I can't do it.
  • Just after getting a moving helper, I tried to move a desk tray and dropped it. It was heavier than I thought.
  • I laugh when I do something stupid or successfully stare down death. The alternative of weeping is much less pleasant.
  • The cleaning staff will think there was a raucous cocaine party at my desk because of all the white powder on the floor. Actually, I just spilled three packs of sugar.
  • I drive poorly in my wheelchair, particularly backward.
Finally, I am really sorry that doing anything these days -- even writing -- just seems too damn hard.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well s*#t Matt. I am sorry. I am sorry because I can't fix it. I am sorry all I can do is say I love you.

xo
ejd

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that you have nothing to be sorry for. I too apologize when something is completely not my fault. We need to learn not to apologize because what we do every day is beyond amazement.it is a marathon, not a race.
sdt

Anonymous said...

Mom reads these comments so I can't leave my pithy three syllable response. Just know that for you I'd wash my hair in stinky glue, I'd fry my legs and eat them too, for you.
JTG

Anonymous said...

Four syllable.
JTG

Matt said...

Thanks, I just write sad posts so people will tell me how good I am. KIDDING!

Anonymous said...

Judy. Dont be such a goody two shoes. Mom knows you curse like a sailor. ;)

ejd

Anonymous said...

Matt, you bring out the best in everybody! We will love it when Judy curses like a sailor :-)
sdt


Blog Archive