Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bruised

My face hurts.

I sneezed at dinner and had enough warning to push my plate out of the way. Instead, I flew into my glass and hammered my cheek down onto it. It fell over and my face continued down onto the side of the glass.

My niece let out a startled guffaw as the water that was in my glass flew across the table. I think it stopped before it hit her mostly. She started to laugh again, but both her parents immediately quieted her. They were worried I was hurt ... badly, I mean.

I was actually trying to laugh because I didn't want to scare the kids, but it came out kind of like a choking cough. I did get the laugh out finally, freeing my niece and nephew to laugh about "the craziest thing ever."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry...I think it is nervous laughter on K's part and doing what she does on J's.

xoxo
ejd


Blog Archive