Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dinner table talk

It started with my niece saying she loved au gratin potatoes. It ended with me being the James Bond-esque hero of a comic book with a jetpack in my wheelchair bag..

After the potato comment, her little brother told my niece: Well, why don't you marry it.

I told him that he would then be brother-in-law to a potato, which my niece decided would be a hilarious comic book. She then wanted to come up with some other ideas for comic books.

My sister then suggested they write about the adventures of someone in a wheelchair. She was thinking of the amusing little situations I get into every day, like how my nephew seems to regard me as a chair.

But my niece said: Like if he was a spy. And his wheelchair had all kinds of cool gear.

These are just the latest niece and nephew to have this idea. I am still waiting for one of them to follow through.

No comments:


Blog Archive