Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let's spend the night together ... for 8 years

Most people want to know where Claren sleeps when they first meet us.

Except for the past three years at Mom and Dad's, when I was in a single bed, the answer has always been: with me.  Even in those single-bed years, she and I have been in the same room.

Eight years ago today, I graduated from Canine Companions for Independence and was "presented Claren."

So that means we have been together almost 3,000  days and nights. Of those, I think we have been apart only two nights. Once, when I rode in a cramped pickup to ride at the U.S. Equestrian Center for a day and once when my brother got married. It was on a boat and I feared Claren might want to go swimming.

Other than that ...

Thanks, Claren.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both. How did Claren handle being apart from you on those two occasions?

Anonymous said...

sorry that our wedding and was one of those nights. 8 YEARS--woo hoo. a great milestone. was there a special dessert to honor the occassion?
sdt

Matt said...

Well, she was fine without me. And when we were reunited, it was 15 seconds of ecstasy followed by "Hey, is that food I smell. Or another dog. Or a cat. Maybe my ball. I need to go check, but nice to see you, Matt."

No treats yet ..


Blog Archive