Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New glasses

I went to the optometrist today ... unwillingly.

The people who fix my glasses were asking every time I visited if I wanted to make an appointment, and it was getting old.

My glasses are also worn out and need replacing, but you need an updated prescription to get new glasses. So there I was at the optometrist.

It's not that I was scared. But my glasses are fine (I thought. Apparently the new prescription is a big change.), so why go?

It is hard to see anybody who requires you to put your face on machines, which are often in small spaces not meant for wheelchairs. Or who requires you to transfer to their chair  (and you really should offer to help, not more or less ignore the person until he transfers).

Now I am good for a few years at least.

No comments:


Blog Archive