Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sort-of Happy Hour

I went to a Happy Hour tonight. Nothing special, just a few folks from work.

I just hate not hearing. Is it bad that when I go to a bar or anywhere loud, I essentially start watching the time right away so I know when I can leave without seeming weird?

I didn't go to a bar last week when I had a chance to see some really good friends, especially one I hadn't seen in ages. I would have felt too bad. I sit there and just watch the TVs in the background if they are captioned. These were, so I got to watch news about the Redskins.  Yay, team. But it would have been too sad with my really good friends.

That worked out because she is awesome and came to the house to see me.

And thankfully my nephew was around to hear the knock on the door.

It also takes so much energy to listen so hard so you can maybe hear if you are asked something.


Actually, tonight was sort-of OK. I was sitting near enough to a friend that we occasionally talked.


I like going to be with my co-workers, but I hate,hate, hate not hearing anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to understand your frustration. I know how much it gets to Tony as well. Another aspect of unfair disability crap!
sdt

Matt said...

yup


Blog Archive