Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Depressing and depressing-er

My agency is moving this summer, so we have to pack up by mid-June. Today, I brought home all Claren's paraphernalia.

It wasn't much -- her bed, bowl, placemat and rug -- and judging by the smell under the desk, Claren will always be a part of the office.

As I knew it would, it wrecked me. I felt like crying or throwing up most of the trip home.

Then, I get home, lie down to take a nap, and it hits me: I started at USATODAY.com about 15 years ago. That means 15 years full time in a wheelchair. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your rough day. Moving is not easy, and memories, emotions and scents make it even more poignant. But, also try to focus on all the great things that happened within those 15 years, and even though you are moving, you have a great job where your talents are recognized. A lot of people can't say that. And baby, I've got you beat. August 21 = 31 years in the chair. I don't know where the time has gone. Lots of great things, and many dark days. Let's pop the champagne!

Matt said...

If FA hasn't caused me to drink yet, i think I am unlikely to start now


Blog Archive