Sunday, March 1, 2015

New dog

I had a good phone interview to get a successor to Claren on Friday.

The interviewer said there were no problems, and we talked about what type of dog I wanted. I said outgoing. She suggested affectionate.

When we started talking about commands, that was when I got excited. I said I mainly wanted a dog who'd carry and retrieve things. No problem.

Then I said I wanted a dog more into speaking on command. She then suggested a dog that could be trained to get someone when I fell, and the fall would be the trigger. Awesome!

I was starting to think how fun working with a new dog would be.

And my plan to wait until Claren isn't around works, too, because  they have a backlog of graduates who need new dogs.

Of course, getting excited made me feel sad about Claren, who had trouble walking up the icy ramp tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

her cousin slid down the stairs this morning and then I fell on the ice, so no inferences about age and ice-walking ability please. One of the Apple geniuses had a service dog when I was in the Apple store yesterday. It's good to be excited.
I love you.
JTG

Matt said...

that's pretty neat, about the genius not about how you and Tully are old. HA


Blog Archive