Sunday, May 17, 2015

Can't breathe

I learned a few things Friday night at the second sleep study -- this one to gauge the proper use of the mark.
  • I really need a mask. At the first sleep test, I woke up 11 times an hour because of respiratory events. My oxygen, 98% when awake, dipped to  low of 81% when asleep.
  • I can't tolerate the mask. We tried five types, even just nose ones though I breathe  lot through my mouth. They said they use a chinstrap to keep my mouth closed. Yikes. Fortunately, they never got as far as the chinstrap. I choked even before that. The nose ones blew air up my nose, which isn't clear. I could breathe with the full masks but I got scared of having it on. It felt wrong.
  • Even if an tolerate it, I don't foresee being able to do or undo myself.
So it wasn't a fun night. Mom will  call the sleep doc tomorrow to figure out options.

No comments:


Blog Archive