Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Struggle

As I sat in the shower this morning, I was overcome with a desire to just give up.

I didn't have a plan for what giving up meant other than crawling back to bed for many, many hours. That is, I guess, one of the benefits of giving up: no developing a long-term strategy.

But I suspected I could make it through today -- and given that I am writing this at 9 p.m., I apparently was correct.

Life gets no easier, though. Ought it to be this hard?

Plus, it's not like I could easily get back to bed. I'd have to transfer to my wheelchair, drive off, clothe myself (even in defeat, I wouldn't sleep al fresco), then transfer back to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey
I hear you. I will look ahead until you can.
xxoo
metc

Patrick said...

I agree with metc. Also, not much, but something: Only a week until The River boxset comes out!

Matt said...

Thanks. The boxset will be awesome!


Blog Archive