Tuesday, January 26, 2016

You and me both, J'onn

I think I have to stop making fun of my sister for crying during one of the Spider-Man movies because my allergies may have acted up last night during Supergirl.

Supporting character J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter, is ready to give up. He is so tired, he says.

So am I.  

Granted, in the TV show, his wife and daughters were killed by evil Martians, and he is 317. I just fell -- multiple times, I don't know why or how to stop it, and I bruised my elbow.

But Supergirl gives him a pep talk including the line, "Dying is a lot easier than getting back up when the world's ended."

Once again, my world hasn't ended. If anything, it is about to get better with the addition of a dog.

I'm still tired, though. And it is probably a good thing my niece wasn't watching with me.

No comments:


Blog Archive