Tuesday, September 27, 2016

From the mouths of babes, even sarcastic ones

I sighed audibly Sunday night at dinner.

My sister asked what was wrong. Nothing, I said, I just had a busy day, thinking mostly of my trike ride.

My nephew chimes in: Yes, every day is busy when you're always sitting down.

I didn't hear him but knew it wasn't good because my sister was laughing  and my nephew was smiling broadly.

I went ahead and ignored the sarcasm and thanked him for understanding because he was right.

It is busy and hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is busy and hard, but that sweet, sarcastic child makes it a tiny bit better, no?
xxoo
metc

Anonymous said...

such shade. It's hard out here for Matty.
xx
JTG

Matt said...

I think the song should be 'it's hard out there for a gimp."

Anonymous said...

I lol'd.
J


Blog Archive