Saturday, September 10, 2016

I can't even sit right

To sit properly in a wheelchair, you need to scoot back into the chair as far as humanly possible.

Then you need to slide back a few more inches.

The seatbelt is actually called the pelvic positioning device, and is supposed to hold you back there if  you can get there.

I rarely sit as I should.

When I was defending where I sit to my physical therapist, I told her I didn't scoot far back because my cushion back there has no padding anymore.

Well how old's the cushion, she asked.

I told her four or five years, like the chair itself, and I swear I can imagine her smacking her forehead and slowly dragging her hand down her face.

Matt, she said instead, you are supposed to replace the cushion ever year. It's covered.

Why has no one ever mentioned that before?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never been told that. It depends what kind of cushion. I would not get coverage every year for my Roho.
s d t


Blog Archive