Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I would have gotten away with it, too, is it weren't for those meddling kids

Funerals are always sad no matter who has died, but except for Gram's funeral 10-plus years ago, I don't cry at funerals ... until yesterday.

I blame my elder sister's kids. It was there grandfather who died, and seeing them wrecked me.

They are all old enough to know loss but young enough that they shouldn't have to deal with it.

I particularly blame my goddaughter who sang beautifully at the funeral. At Gram's funeral, she spent most of the Mass on the floor with Claren, my service dog at the time.

Fame spent this funeral alone, which is probably just as well. She doesn't handle sad people well. She hardly looked at me.

The afterparty was better. People laughing and hugging and talking, but the funeral was sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect headline. It would have been nice if the organist had played all the verses of the closer so we didn't have to walk out to the heartbroken sobbing of the grandchildren. Thanks for being there. xx jtg


Blog Archive